b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist
13235514

Check engine light back on codes 2355... check engine light

Customer Question

check engine light back on codes 2355... check engine light back on codes 2355 exhaust gas recirc control air mass too large,2510 boost pressure regulator control positioner error and code 2359 charge pressure control boost pressure too low
Category: Dodge
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.
Hi Welcome to Just Answer! Have you pull the inlet hose off the turbo and checked the turbo yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOT YET
SHOULD I CHECK IMPELLER OR WHAT,WOULD I GET THAT EGR CODE OR DO I NEED TO REMOVE EGR
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.
Yes you should check the impeller and that code is usually caused by a sticking egr valve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so could all the codes be caused by egr valve or turbo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SO I SHOULD REMOVE AND CK EGR VALVE AND WHAT ELSE
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.
the egr valve will most likely need to be replaced and check the impeller on the turbo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IMPELLER ON TURBO LOOKS FINE NO PLAY AND SPIN FREE,REMOVED EGR VALVE AND LOOKS FINE AS WELL
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.
The egr can look fine and still stick. The code you are getting for the turbo is actually for the actuator on the turbo all you can do with that is check the electrical connector and make sure the linkage is still attached between the actuator and the turbo if those are ok the turbo will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
must be egr valve cause I put back together and now get code po404,and electric actuator on turbo looks good and rod is connected so must be turbo ,,right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I change turbo and egr valve should be good to go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you change the actuator only
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.
no you need to replace the turbo and actuator as an assembly and yes you should be good to go if you replace both