Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge ram: trying to replace the rear door lock actuator on

Customer Question

trying to replace the rear door lock actuator on 2010 dodge ram 1500 and cannot figure out how to get the black plastic arm off
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Do you have just the inside trim panel removed or did you also remove the black plastic inner panel that is attached to the window?
I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thank you...
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the inside trim panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What the heck i am still waiting for the rest of the answer, I could have bought a book for this price please complete the info or I am contacting my. Credit card company to stop payment
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here...
Sorry for the delayed response... internet went down for me today. Just got back online...
Sorry...
I am posting a document for the procedure to remove the door latch.
You must ALSO remove the "Carrier Plate". This is the plastic part that is bolted to the door itself. The latch is attached to the backside of the carrier plate and the ONLY way to remove the latch is to remove the complete carrier plate with the latch attached. Once you have this assembly on the bench you can remove the latch from the carrier plate and swap in the new one....
Attachment: --Click here-- to view.
Again, I apologize for the delayed response....
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert