sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge Ram B1500 Van: Ye Of Great Knolwdgw.I have A 2002

Customer Question

Hi Ye Of Great Knolwdgw.
I have A 2002 dODGE b1500 VAN.
sTARTS aND rUND Until At Operating Temp Thab Quita And I Hear A Clicking
Like A Relay In BOYH Fuse Boxes.
Thermostade Ok
Water Pump OfK
Battery Ok
<
Just SIT Fro 5-1o Min And Starts and Runs,
<
If You Have The Solution To My Pollution, I'll Build An Alter In Your name And Pray To It.
Thank You For Your Time and Consideration,
Slightly Suicidal
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds as if the powertrain control module could be failing. The PCM is the module that controls all engine unctions. If it does down then the engine will die and an internal PCM failure can definitely cause a clicking with any of the relays it controls.
If the PCM is going down it could be from a poor power or ground, a short to voltage on the sensor ground circuit, or a short to ground on a 5v reference voltage circuit.
If the PCM is down then you'll have no spark, fuel pressure, and it won't communicate with a scan tool. If you can verify the PCM is down then the next step would be to test the powers and grounds as well as checking for shorts on these circuits. If all is found to be ok then the PCM can be condemned.