Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Dodge: p0301 what i did not replace is the fuel pump idles

Customer Question

p0301 what i did not replace is the fuel pump idles rough but runs down the road fine
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you are sure you have good spark as well as injector pulse on the #1 cylinder then the next step would be to run a compression test on this cylinder as well as a couple of the others to compare the reading. If the truck runs good under load with good power there is not likely anything wrong with the fuel pump. Check the compression for me and post back and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had the cyl heads and valves done 150 compression in #1 cyl
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If you are sure you have good compression as well as good spark and injector pulse then the cylinder should be firing, is it actually misfiring on this cylinder?