Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Winibago View: I have a 2006 sprinter 3500 class c motor home,

Customer Question

I have a 2006 sprinter 3500 class c motor home, the transmission will not work, when shifting into gear the engine starts to lug down and vehicle won't move.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. Has it been scanned for codes yet? That will be my FIRST recommendation. We need to have ALL modules scanned so that we have a good starting point... I HIGHLY recommend having it scanned at a shop that has access to a scanner that can communicate with the Sprinter. Most Generic scanners cannot talk to Sprinters. My recommendation would be a dealer that has a Sprinter technician. The DRBIII is probably one of the best choices for a scanner for successful code retrieval on Sprinters. Keep me posted... Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's broken at the side of the road, can't scan, works if it sits a while, will it hurt to drive it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you just scam me?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delayed response, Stepped away from my computer, just got back online....
I would HIGHLY recommend to have it towed if you are stranded. If it runs good for a while after restarting it, it may be ok to drive but IF it keeps acting up while trying to continue your trip I would recommend to pull over where it is safe and call a tow truck.. It is probably better to have it towed than to cause additional damage to the transmission. A $500 repair could easily turn into a $5000 repair if you continue to drive it....
If you do get it towed and have it scanned, If you post any codes retrieved here, I will give you a second opinion on your diagnosis...
When you have it looked at, have them give you the codes and post them here. I'll give you my thoughts and then you can compare my thoughts to the diagnosis that the mechanic does..
You stated: "Did you just scam me?"
No, I didn't scam you. Your funds are safe in YOUR JustAnswer account until the time that YOU deem fit to rate me with a "Positive" rating. Only at that time will JustAnswer be allowed to credit me from the deposit that you have posted with them. Remember, I work for you and JA is basically the "middle" man in this transaction....
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert