Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

DODGE 2500: WHEN I USE MY LEFT TURN SIGNAL OR HAZARD OR HORN

Customer Question

WHEN I USE MY LEFT TURN SIGNAL OR HAZARD OR HORN WIPERS TURN ON LOW SPEED
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any update on WHEN I USE MY LEFT TURN SIGNAL OR HAZARD OR HORN WIPERS TURN ON LOW SPEED
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
First of all, have the charging system checked out. Usually any auto-parts store would test the charging system for free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ITS NOT THE CHARGING SYSTEM IT'S A GROUND PROBLEM. REASON WHY WE ASKED THERE ARE SEVERAL COMPLAINTS ON THE INTERNET WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. SO IT'S LT. TURN SIGNAL ONLY, HAZARD, AND BLOWING HORN WILL CAUSE THE WIPERS TO GO ON AT LOW SPEED AND THEN SHUT OFF. PROBABLY 2-4 CLEANS
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Well then check for voltage along the wiper circuit to see what is going on when you turn on the turn signals, hazards or horn.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Here is the wiring diagram,
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
If you suspect it is a ground issue that can be checked as well with a voltmeter. Place the positive test lead on the ground side of the motor and attach the negative test lead to a good clean metal ground or better yet if it will reach, the negative battery terminal. Power the motor and make it go lower by turning the turn signals on, the hazards or horn and then read the voltmeter on the dc scale. The voltage drop across that ground circuit should be no more than 0.2 volts. If it is the ground is bad, find it, clean it and re-tighten it and test again.