Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My 2007 Dodge diesel 4x4 steering randomly locks up, especially

Customer Question

My 2007 Dodge diesel 4x4 steering randomly locks up, especially when turning to the right and the brakes are applied. Have had new steering box installed, hoses flushed for metal particles, problem still exists. Also had ball joints and rods checked. Any other suggestions?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to Just Answer! Have they checked the joints on the steering shaft between the steering column and steering box? We have seen issues with the joints binding and causing the steering to stick.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had the local tire shop lift the truck and check it out, didn't find anything. They even drove it, but could not duplicate the problem.If it is the issue you suggested what is the estimated repair time and approximate cost? How unsafe is this issue?
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.
the issue can become unsafe if it gets worse the shaft is around $300 depending on where you get it and takes about an hour to replace