Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

Durango: Where is the egr valve located on a 2002 dodge Durango

Customer Question

Where is the egr valve located on a 2002 dodge Durango 5.9?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
May I please have the last 8 digits of your VIN please so I can locate the correct info for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2F143338
Thanks.
First of all, you have the 4.7 engine and not the 5.9.
Ok, I am a dealership technician with access to Chrysler's information database. According to this database, the 2002 models did not come equipped with an egr valve, until about 2005.
You may have had an engine change.......from a newer model year.... somewhere along the line and maybe that is why you're setting this code. If in fact this engine has an egr valve it will be located on the rear of the drivers side cylinder head. It is in a horrible place to try and replace so it will take a ton of patience to do this job if you are planning on doing it yourself.
I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything further please reply back to me. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI - thanks for the info, that explains a lot. I just found out that the error code they were getting was P0304 and not P0404, which sound like something different.
Yes, P0304 is totally different and that is for a misfire on #4 cylinder.