Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Ram 2500 cummins: My 2002 dodge ram 2500 is cycling a/c compressor

Customer Question

My 2002 dodge ram 2500 is cycling a/c compressor off and on about every 8 seconds. Connected a/c pro to low pressur port thinking charge was low. Compressor on, pressure builds to about 300 psi then comp. clutch kicks off and needle drops, then process repeats??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! The system has a blockage somewhere. That pressure is way too high. Most likely a blockage at the orifice tube. When the pressure gets that high, the high pressure cut off switch kicks the compressor off. What I recommend doing is to disconnect all of the lines and then get an AC flush kit and flush out all lines, evaporator, and condenser. Then replace the orifice tube and accumulator. Then evacuate and recharge the system. Hopefully that will take care of it. If you need the procedure for replacing the orifice tube, let me know and I will send it to you.
Chris