Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

My guages on the 1994 dodge ram 1500 truck are not responding

Customer Question

My guages on the 1994 dodge ram 1500 truck are not responding what is the problem
Submitted: 1 year ago via Patientsville.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nun of the guages are moving wat steps can I take or fuses controls them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The instrument cluster gets it power from the fuse #12 located in the interior fuse panel so start first with making sure its not blown. If the fuse checks okay the pull the cluster out and check for power from the fuse at the cluster connection on the lite green/yellow wire (pin #8) . If the power wire checks okay the check for a good ground at the black/orange (pin #10) . If you find power and ground at the cluster and still no gauges then that means the cluster has failed. I have enclosed the wiring diagram for reference as well in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cluster%20circuit%20Jun%2014.pdf