sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Charger: my 2007 charger will not idle. at first the engine

Customer Question

my 2007 charger will not idle. at first the engine light was blinking and we changed out the injector coil and connector. now it wont even run. it will crank but not run.

battery was bad got a new one

will crank but you have to press the gas and get it above 1000 rpm to run and it still runs rough which was the original issue.

maybe bare wires in the old connector touched while we were initially looking under the hood (before it was replaced)

Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to run poorly. It's possible that a coil driver could have been damaged if wiring was shorted but that would cause a loss of only one cylinder and your problem is deeper than that.

If the engine started running that poorly suddenly then I would first suspect a valvetrain issue but it could also be an exhaust restriction or fuel quality issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting. Do you know what codes are setting?

Which engine do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2.7 V6

The initial codes were 202 and 302. we replaced the coil and connector. then it would not run

If you clear the codes does anything come back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It did but the guy working on it thought it throw the extra codes because the car's rough start. Ill go over there and record the codes and give them to you

Ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the guy said all of the codes were evap codes

Do you have the P code numbers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. I'll have to get back over there tomorrow to run the diag. on it again to get them.

Ok.