Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Auto trans w/ Cummins diesel: 95 Dodge Ram

Customer Question

95 Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 4x4 auto, no charge, tachtach or overdrive. I've heard crank sensor can cause this, any way to know for sure? I have a friend w/ older Snap On SolusSolus scanner
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
The only way to tell for sure would be to use a compatible scanner and monitor the Engine RPM with the Scanner. If the engine is running and RPM is at zero per the Scanner, the Crank Sensor is the culprit for all above concerns....
Crank sensor is fairly easy to replace on this unit the only thing you must be aware of is setting the proper air gap between the sensor and harmonic balancer. Too close gap and the balancer will contact the sensor and may damage it. Too far and it won't pick up the proper RPM signal...
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert
______________________________________
Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I work 12 hr night shifts & sleep during the days in between. Your answer was informative & helpful but I had to refer the job to someone else. "Justanswer" didn't send me your answer until after the truck left my garage. I'm willing to give you a good rating but I'm not satisfied with "justanswer". Your advice on how to proceed?
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
If my info was helpful, a positive rating is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for a positive rating. The rating reflects my service and not the website. If you have concerns about the website please contact customer service and voice your concerns to them...
For any issues with the JustAnswer Site, please contact Customer Support at *****@******.*** . They will take care of any issue you have with billing, payment, your subscription, website concerns etc. - As an Expert, I can only provide advice on technical matters in my field(s) of specialization.
Robert