Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge caravan sport: Tim my name is ***** ***** and i have

Customer Question

Hi Tim my name is ***** ***** and i have a 2002 dodge caravan sport 3.3 and in the center ac vent hot air comes out the left side and cold on the right ,out of the same vent. If it is the heater actuater door can I just put a valve in the heater line to stop the hot air from coming into the vehicle.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to buy a monthly contract of any kind i will pay for this one time answer otherwise forget it.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! You have a failed left(driver side) blend door actuator or the blend door is broken. If you want to just stop the hot air from coming out of the left side vents, then yes you could install a heater hose water valve and stop the flow of hot coolant flowing through the heater core. Then when you have the time, you could repair the blend door and then remove the valve. This will work.
Chris