Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Good afternoon. We have a pickup here at our shop we're

Customer Question

Good afternoon. We have a pickup here at our shop we're having an instrument cluster issue with. Its an '04 Ram 3500 diesel. We removed the engine, rebuilt it, installed it etc. The problem is the cluster warning lamps and odometer display are dead. They
worked when it came in however... the engine runs good and everything else works but the cluster. Checking cluster codes with the scan tool we're getting several such as: airbag warning indicator output circuit short, brake transmission shift interlock output
circuit shorted, high beam led circuit open load/short to ground, check gages led output circuit open load/short to ground, etc. basically saying all the cluster warning lamps are shorted to ground. Any ideas on this one?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, we're still having some trouble tracking this issue down. We're planning to try a known good cluster in it today to see if just by coincidence the cluster is bad.
Hi The symptom chart for this failure, states to check the cluster powers and grounds and if good then replace the instrument cluster. Have you checked those inputs? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris