sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge ram laramie 1500 pickup: lost key to 1998 ram truck and

Customer Question

lost key to 1998 ram truck and the ignition is locked as well as the horn and lights continually going off how can i disarm it to start and take to the repair shop?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The lights and horn are going off because factory security was not disarmed when the door was opened. Pressing the unlock button on a key fob or unlocking a door with the key will disarm it.
What you'll need to do is have a key cut. With the VIN and proof of ownership a dealer or locksmith can cut you a key. Prices will vary wherever you go but my dealer charges just $5 for this.