Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Dodge dakota xlt: trying to change out the stereo in a 2005

Customer Question

trying to change out the stereo in a 2005 dodge dakota but none of the wires are labeled and there are 2 red/ black wires
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
They are "both" 12 Volts +
Do you want me to post a diagram
.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.
hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So which one is power and which is memory? Or do I wore them both to the red power from the stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you have a diagram that would be great or just the color codes?
They are "both" Constant 12 Volts +The Factory Radio is controlled via DATAYou should use a Wiring Adapter so you do NOT have to find a Ignition / Accessory source, but if you have already cut the plug off & "hard wired", here is wiringSee attachment belowIgnition / Accessory can be got at Ignition Switch Harness or Fuse box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah not helpful, I don't even know what half of that means. Simple would be better, ie the red and black goes to the constant, the white and orange goes to? Etc
That is a "22 PIN" PlugI answered your original question of the 2 RED / BLACK wiresYou then asked ;If you have a diagram that would be great or just the color codes?which I postedThe wire colors are listed & the PIN locationI do not know which Factory Radio you had or the wires in the Plug you have.......If it is "Base Model" or deluxeHere is Dodge Color Codesee attachment.If you would like, I can break the first diagram down, but I do not know if you have all those wires
see attachment
I did mislabel one wire, that is likely not being used if it is there at allsee attachmentvery sorry
Hello again Lurch here.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.
were you able to get this done?
I did post the correct answer
please respond