Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge ram 1500: 02 dodge ram 1500 - little to no air from the

Customer Question

02 dodge ram 1500 - little to no air from the a/c vents, a/c blows on floor and very little from the center dash? Could it be the blend door actuator?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Most likely you have a broken door inside the HVAC box. More common is brreakage of the Recirculate door. IF not you may have a broken Mode door. Blend door is responsible for Hot/Cold so if the temperature is operating ok your problem is likely one of the other two doors. Actuators are not likely failed but it is possible. Normally the doors break due to absence or breakage of the door stops that are part of the actuator to door couplers. These white couplers have weak tabs that break and eventually it leads to door breakage. The fix is to replace ALL couplers with the updated black ones when you replace the affected door(s).
This requires removal of the dash assembly and the HVAC box and disassemble it to access the doors for removal and replacement...
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!
Thank you!
Robert