Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Magnum: my ac isnt working, the clutch and fans wont engage.

Customer Question

my ac isnt working, the clutch and fans wont engage. Wont run with AC button of when on defrost.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.What are your pressures both static and with the clutch jumped?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not at home now, at work. i cant remember of the top of my head what the pressures were. I do know that when i checked before that with the gauge I had it was in the normal range and looked good. I will have to check again. Last night I check the voltage coming out of the transducer and it read 1.3 vdc with from I have read is a nornal range. I did try jumping a 1.5 battery to try to tell the computer the volage was correct even though it seemed ok with the transducer plugged in. I do notice my high spped fans kick on if the transducer is unplugged.
I am quite sure that my system is at the right pressure and the transducer is good, I just dont know where to go from here. is there something i am overlooking?
The pressures. Youve never checked the high pressure yet youre telling me its good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did check from i can tell are in spec. will check again and let you know this evening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do know for sure though that nothing has been done with the system for year and i was working perfect, then one day nothing.
thanks for your help
They always work fine right before they dont ;)Ill be standing by just let me know when you got pressures so I can decide where to go next.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will check it tonight and get back to you thanks
No problem.