Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ram 2500: PCM is locking out the ac 2005 ram hemi tried different

Customer Question

PCM is locking out the ac 2005 ram hemi tried different pressure switch and fin switch (just left it hanging outside the heater box you have to turn ac off and back on to get the compressor to kick in compressor is good with new orifice tube and receiver drier and condenser fan works
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing that needs done here if this hasn't been done already is to have the fault codes read/checked using a scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle,once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.
I have seen other sensors like engine coolant temp sensor send an incorrect signal which can disable the ac system as well.if this was not checked this needs done to see if this is the cause.
Thanks Pete