George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

Dodge Ram: I have replaced the blower motor resistor twice,

Customer Question

I have replaced the blower motor resistor twice, when the second one failed i had just turned the A.C. on ,and thought i heard a faint pop under the dash, now fan only works on high. Ron
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
Two things here, if there is any burning or pitting on the resistor connector it needs to be replaced along with the resistor.
Second and I think this is what is happening with yours is that the blower motor pulls maximum current when it first starts, yours is pulling a bit too much.
If the resistor is not coming from Chrysler it needs to be, second you either need to check the motor for the amount if inrush current or replace the blower motor with a quality unit.
Pull the blower out and make sure the cavity and the fan is clear of any debris but those steps are what you will need to do so the resistor will last.
Please let me know how I can help you with your question
Thank you