Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Grand Caravan: Chris- 2 problems. I havew a 2012 Grand

Customer Question

Hi Chris-
2 problems. I havew a 2012 Grand Caravan with VMI wheelchair ramp conversion. The cruise control has stopped working and the dealer has replaced the "right side ocs" or something like that and it worked for a week. when I went back they found a broken wire. worked for a few days. it is now out of warranty. The second issue is the "door" light comes on intermittently. It can be turned off temporarily with the "step" button on the steering wheel. Through process of elimination, I think it is the drivers side sliding door. Thoughts?
Bob
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! As far as the cruise control, do you know what code(s) were being set in the PCM (engine computer)? If not, can you have the auto parts store read them and then get back to me?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first time was a P0591. They found an internal short in the switch and replaced it. the second time was the broken wire.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me research this and see what it may be.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Try disconnecting the wiring at the driver's side sliding door. See if the lights will now go off.
Chris