Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dodge RAM 2500: The red brake and yellow ABS lights came on.

Customer Question

The red brake and yellow ABS lights came on. My master cylinder was low. I refilled it, bled the lines and know when I apply the brakes it seems that the rear brakes are doing all the work. I replaced the front pads. bled the lines and still no improvement.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
When a reservoir goes low, the air first travels to the ABS. Does your truck have 4 wheel ABS. If so then a scan tool is needed to purge the air from it. A DIY method is 3 back to back panic ABS stops from 45 mph, then another bleed. Can you try this?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris