Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge: I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 bighorn edition. I can

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 bighorn edition. I can turn the blower on in my truck but none of the other a/c or heater controls worked. I can't change the vent direction, temp, turn on my heated mirrors, or anything. All I can do it turn on the blower. What is the cause and how do I fix it? Everything else on my dash works just fine though. It is just those controls that don't seem to be getting any power. They don't even light up when the dash lights are on at night.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. ***NOTE*** This is not a FREE site, the deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
Well the first thing I would do if it came to me is connect a scantool and see what codes it has, but you likely don't have a scantool so you could try disconnecting the battery for 5 min and see if a hard reset helps. If not then to be honest it will require a scantool to see if it's a BUS communication issue causing the modules not to respond..
Let me know,
Brad