Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2005 dodge dakota club cab: how do I replace the drivers side

Customer Question

how do I replace the drivers side seat belt buckle. I have the buckle, I have the T45 bit but I can't see how to get to the buckle to take it off and replace.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
.
….
I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmbto1k5u40hwu0/FRONT%20OUTBOARD.pdf?dl=0
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand all that but I cannot seem to get to the part to remove it. The center section is in the way and I cannot figure out how to remove that to get the pin that holds the buckle.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see Bill. Normally if you can't get to the Torx bolt with the seat all the way back and the seat back tilted forward you can unbolt the seat and move it to where it is easier to get at the bolt for the buckle.
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I have the instructions for the seat in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pe0ekql9krq5no1/SEAT.pdf?dl=0
.
.
Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems the 3 sections of the seat are all connected by more than bolts sometime rivets to the floor or the section together. So do you think the entire seat would need to come out?

If you could remove the center section you could get to it but it is connected to the sect frame with bold with the hex section underneath but you only have about 1/2 inch to work with so can't get wrench or ratchet under there. On the top side it is held by a thing the looks like a washer with 3 holes along the edges of the center hole. Is there a tool to remove those? I have take the back fold down armrest off of the center piece and the pillow from the seat.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
.
*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ********
.
.