Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

Dodge grand caravan: how do I repair the rear heater bypass

Customer Question

how do I repair the rear heater bypass damper on a 2012 Caravan
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. The rear mode door actuator is connected to the A/C-heater control through the vehicle electrical system by a dedicated two-wire lead and connector of the rear heater-A/C wire harness. The rear mode door actuator can move the rear mode-air door in two directions. When the A/C-heater control pulls the voltage on one side of the motor connection high and the other connection low, the rear mode-air door will move in one direction. When the A/C-heater control reverses the polarity of the voltage to the motor, the rear mode-air door moves in the opposite direction. When the front A/C-heater control makes the voltage to both connections high or both connections low, the rear mode-air door stops and will not move. The rear mode door actuator is diagnosed using a scan tool. The rear mode door actuator cannot be adjusted or repaired and must be replaced if inoperative or damaged.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
DIAGRAMS>>