sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge: I have a 2009 with p0306 with good compression set when

Customer Question

I have a 2009 with p0306 with good compression set when at idle has new diactivation solenoid also plugs and coil leakdown is 10% injector swap has been done
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry its a 2009 challenger with 5,7 hemi
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Richard! I'm a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep tech with 23+ years experience & I'm going to try my best to help, so let's get started!
Are you also getting fault code P1416?
Could I get the last 8 of your VIN?
Is there any engine noise when it's idling?
How are you doing the leak down test? Are you using a dual gauge tester with the first gauge set to 100 psi and the second gauge reading 90 psi? Have you cranked the engine over a few times and repeated the test and have the same results?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Richard the last 8 of he vin are 9h558328 and there is a small squeak at idle origenal codes were p0306 p01524 p0300 p02181 after clearing and extent road test p0300 and o0306 came back.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to have to opt out and let another expert help you, something came up and I won't be available.
Another expert should be along shortly.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a couple things going on.
It wouldn't hurt to swap the number 6 injector to another cylinder and see if the miss moves with it.
I've seen cam phaser solenoid screens suck out and cause a rough idle but it won't usually set a misfire code for a single cylinder.
If the injector, plugs, coil, injector and coil drivers, and a localized vacuum leak can be ruled out then the problem is going to be valvetrain or cylinder sealing. If leakdown is ok then a running compression test can be done to possibly help confirm a valvetrain issue. I've seen quite a few lifter bearing failures on the 5.7's in the last couple years which will cause a miss that's worse at idle and it could also be the cause of the noise.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you are right but injector swap has been done compression is 150 in all cyl. i have removed the cyl. head and tested for leaks cracks and the valve seats all returned in excellent condition lifters were pulled rollers had no wear the only thing i was not aware of the lifter deactivation method but valve movement is all the same since i ran it with no valve cover for aprox.10 min. I tried to have the computor re flashed and was told all updated have been done.
That information hadn't posted in the already tried section with the original post for some reason.
Have the injector and coil drivers been checked? Something has been overlooked. The problem has to be with spark, fuel, a localized vacuum leak or there is an engine mechanical issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
was not aware of injector driver out side of pcm or coil driver will look into that thanks
You'll definitely want to see if the coil and injector drivers are present.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will do be in touch later
Ok!