Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2003 ram 3500: Brought my 03 Dodge 5.9 diesel in brake

Customer Question

Brought my 03 Dodge 5.9 diesel in for rear brake job . I Drove truck to shop and batt were second set since new. It had started giving me some trouble starting when it sat for more than four days or so but would still turn over, after finally getting complete brake job done in there garage Im waiting for them to start truck to back out of bay they couldn't get it to turn over. After about an hour they jumped truck with high output starter boxes. At this point they claimed the gas gage showed "E" I new there was fuel.... at this point they sent me for fuel , then after about another half hour or so still no start and they realize that fuses are blown and now I have to determine if its a blown computer. If they fried my electrical components am I still obligated to pay for there screw up if this is what actually happed?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I cant see how they could have blown fuses and drained the battery and fried a PCM doing brakes unless it was malicious. Did you tick someone off in there?