Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Ihave an 08 dodge ram w / trailer tow package I installed a

Customer Question

Ihave an 08 dodge ram w / trailer tow package I installed a Hopkins aviator controller I have used pace journeyman single axle trailer w/electric brakes never had aproblem till now 3-4 yrs small light on contoller does not light to show trailer is plugged in. Controller is working though ,I am able to work settings up n down etc. Test light checked off of ground the trailer brake pin on the truck plug,with the brake on and received nothing on my test light. I also checked every fuse ,that I know of ,on the truck. Any help appreciated
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

Most OEM and aftermarket brake controllers with the trailer connected signal or warning. Achieve this input by pulsing a power signal on the electric brake wire. If no resistance is noticed, it states no trailer connected and disables the electric brakes. Have you confirmed the trailer connector is getting a good ground and OHM test the electric brake wire from the trailer connector to the brake controller.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris