sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge Journey r/t: I'm brad. I have a dodge 2009 journey that

Customer Question

I'm brad. I have a dodge 2009 journey that the radio navigation system turns on when you start it, but if you turn off the engine and restart it it does not turn on unless it sits for a while. ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the radio isn't turning on the most likely problem is the radio itself. It receives a power and ground and is woken up through a communication bus message, if there are no other electrical problems at the same time then the problem is either the radio itself or a wiring issue affecting the radio only.
What would need to be done is test the power, ground and communication bus voltage at the radio at the time it won't come on. If all are ok then the radio can be condemned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is it located?
The radio? It's located in the center of the dash.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not the radio itself but the power,ground and communication bus voltage ?
The power feed is on the yellow/red wire in pin 1, ground is on the black wire at pin 12 . The communication bus wires are white/gray and white/orange.