sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge ram 2500 diesel: my A/C don't want to engage I don't

Customer Question

my A/C don't want to engage I don't know what to try now they saying is electrical problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are a handful of things that will cause a compressor to not engage. A failed clutch coil on these isn't uncommon but it could also be the pressure transducer, a wiring issue, a failed compressor driver in the TIPM, the evaporator temperature sensor or control head.
I'm assuming you're attempting to charge the system without a recovery machine. After vacuuming the system and allowing the system to take what it will naturally, there may still not be enough pressure to allow the compressor to run.
Are you charging with a recovery machine or with a vacuum pump and gauge set?
Have you checked for fault codes in the ECM and TIPM?