Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

Dodge Stratus SXT: Temperature Gauge on 2005 Dodge drops

Customer Question

Temperature Gauge on 2005 Dodge drops
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dodge Stratus SXT
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Is the check engine light on?DO you have a scan tool or multimeter?Do you just want to know what it might be or do you want testing instructions. If you dont have a scan tool and/or multimeter for testing you may just want to try an engine coolant temperature sensor as that is the most likely problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Wayne the check engine light is on. I can feel a shift in performance when the Temp meter drops while driving
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a scan tool or Multimeter
Is it possible to run by an auto parts store and get the codes? That will help narrow it down and doesnt usually cost anything. If you have a smart phone you can let me know the codes while you are there and I can probably tell you what part to buy. That or I can offer an additional service to give you my number to text it to me.. thats a little easier but costs more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will go to Advance auto now. How do i send you the codes?
You can just return to this page and reply if you have a phone or computer or something with you while youre there.