Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical Master,Diesel Specialist, Lead Tech/shop foreman
12781541

Journey: Just replaced imrc on 09 journey. Light popped back

Customer Question

Just replaced imrc on 09 journey. Light popped back on after a few days with code p2008. Which indicates the imrc which I just replaced. Please help!!!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I still need assistance. I want to add too that I also have reset the light as well. Once when I replaced the imrc and twice since the repair. I thought the new part could be bad but its not I checked it with old one since I still have it. Im really hoping you're not gonna tell me its the intake manifold itself. Thank you
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to say that it is most probably the intake that is bad.That part is usually breaks and damages the valve.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I figured as much with the intake. Now im gonna try to find one at a reasonable price. Thanks again.
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
You could do a battery disconnect with capacitor discharge, to see if the light will stay off.You did say you needed to reset it