Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Nitro: The electronic thottle control light don't go out on

Customer Question

The electronic thottle control light don't go out on my dodge nitro, and the dose not exail .i got a code of p2167, but code will not clear or come out of safe mode what do I need to do
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, P2167-ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION(APP) SENSOR 2 MAXIMUM STOP PERFORMANCE- Set Condition: APPS No.2 has failed to achieve the required maximum value during In Plant testing. One trip fault and the code will set within 5 seconds. Engine will only idle. ETC light will illuminate. Replace the APPS Assembly. After installation is complete, use a scan tool and select the ETC RELEARN function.This is a straight forward fault code. The APP sensor is integrated into the accelerator(gas) pedal and has to be replaced as a unit and the new one programmed Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks