Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My 2005 Dodge Stratus automatic transmission won't change from

Customer Question

My 2005 Dodge Stratus automatic transmission won't change from first gear to second gear, and it's acting like it wants to stall briefly when I'm idiling.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. NOTE: The deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
The very first step in repairing your vehicle is going to be determining what is wrong, and to do this you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the Transmission control module. Once you have the codes then you will be able to run the diagnostics for each code to determine the cause of the issues..
Can you have the codes read and post them here?
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brad, the codes are: 720, 325, 731, 700, 732. Here is the weird thing: my car works fine when I get into it and drive it a little, but then after a little while it won't shift from 1st into 2nd gear. When it is working, it's not shifting hard or anything like that. Do you suspect this may be a solenoid / knock sensor problem? Thanks.