Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge v8 Dakota sport: I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota sport took

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota sport took it to the shop to have the front driver side half-shaft replaced because it was wiggling they replace the half shaft the seal where it goes into the differential because that was leaking and put a new tip on the front driveline a couple of days later also after putting it in*****I felt the truck shaking crawl underneath and found the half shaft was loose and shaking again. It was warantied.said the stub axel and the shaft showed signs of extreme heat. Scorching on surfaces.replacement was under warranty. Started again in 55 milesthey don't know why this was a transmission shop.ball joint? ????
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the suspension looked at before this. They are the ones that told me take it to transmission shop for the repair, due to the leak on the differential
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.This is going to be a tough one to figure out online so youre going to have to have some patience and be willing to help me. Two shops have no clue and they have the vehicle to check.Are you able to get me picture of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've enclosed a picture the problem seems to be going into the differential .Unsure?
I cant really tell whats damaged in that pic. Are you saying it just shows signs of being hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I sent the offer for a phone call. If you accept it let me know what time will be best tomorrow. Im wrapping up for the night so it wont be tonight.