Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Avenger 2.7 motor: have a 2008 avenger with p1745 on dash

Customer Question

have a 2008 avenger with p1745 on dash we have first and reverse only customer was driving vehicle stopped at stop sign made left turn and wouldn't shift was fine prior to that we put a control module on trans took for a drive it shifted once then went back to no shift again thinking dynamite with long fuse might fix any suggestions
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** this code, its is saying there is too high of pressure counts , in the line counter in the trans module, and even if you replaced the trans module, the code will not clear until the line counters are cleared from the computer, do you have a scanner that will reset the line counters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will have one in am snap on solas edge im told will work
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it will, first thing is to clear the line pressure counts, this will keep the P1745 code form appearing, and when the P1745 code is there, it goes into limp mode, and you will only have 1 forward gear and reverse, the P1745 is just an informational code, saying the line pressure counts were to high, for more than 2000 key cycles, clearing the line counts should solve the problem,these are NOT cleared when clearing codes, it has to be done manually with the scanner,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you did I do the right thing changing moduel or did I waste 200.oo of customers money
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
yes, most likely the module was the original problem, but now th eline counter needs to be reset,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Tim Got a Solas Edge cleared codes and p1745 drove vehicle shifted 1st to 2nd no farther p1745 came back up what now
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
you need to clear the line counter, not the codes, the code will come back if the line counter was not cleared,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does the line counter come up under having trouble getting it found
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
it will be under transmission,Tim