-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Ram 1500 SLT: I have a 2012 Ram 1500 SLT tried installtin Anzo

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 SLT tried installtin Anzo 11160 headlights (plug and play I was told) headlights worked but signal ligths and parking do not. I reconnected the old lights now turn signals do not work and I also notice tha DRL does not work. I have not unplugged the battery yet but will do this later this afternoon any other suggestions. I have a call to Anzo about the head light assembly
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. NOTE: The deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
To determine the issue, you will need to have the codes read in the TIPM. Can you do this and post the codes here?
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I read the codes in the TIPM?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
With a scantool like the WiTech I use here at the dealership.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK i have a scan OBDII Autel 519 tool I believe and will try to see if it will pick this up. I did scan the ruck earlier this morning and no error codes came up. I just need to look into what setting will give me this TIPM number. I can only do this later this evening when I return home after work.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
HI,
A code reader will not retrieve the codes from the TIPM. You will need a scantool such as the WiTech to retrieve the codes to see what's going on.
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I am stuck I guess. Let me see if my colleagues down at the glass/electronic shop have one.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Keep me posted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will i checked with the service center were my son works and they do not have one . I double checked fuses, unplugged the battery for 20 minutes no change. What i did notice are now headlights turn on with parking lights but no high beam and turn signal , still no daytime running lights . When i put the turn signal on after about 20 sequence (no signal lights on the front only the rear) a message is displayed indicating bulb out and it start rapid sequence as you would expect if a bulb is burnt but they are not.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the TIPM could be bad but we will need to know what codes are in it to confirm.. The TIPM is quite expensive and you will also need a Witech to program it if it needs to be replaced..
Brad