Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge caravan sport: my 2002 dodge caravan sport was driving

Customer Question

my 2002 dodge caravan sport was driving along and it just stop running tried to restart and it said nothing no crank no noise at all i removed the battery and had it checked fully charged reading 100% 12volts im thinking the starter may be bad so i try to knock on the starter while wife turns key up top no response any suggestions or possible answers my guess is bad starter you tell me
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. NOTE: The deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
What engine do you have? A bad starter will not cause it to stall while driving. Does the radio, a/c, etc all come on when you turn the key on? Is the check engine light on and if so have you retrieved the codes yet? Do you hear any clicking of the relays when trying to start?
Brad