Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi: Dodge Ram 1500 v8 Hemingway

Customer Question

Dodge Ram 1500 v8 Hemingway sat for about a year after I got hurt now I want to start it put a new battery fresh gas turns wanted to start now I turn the key and it just cranks on the battery
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to get a list of what the problem may be and the approximate cost of each option? Thanks, ***** ***** help.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Did you still need help?
Are you saying that the engine cranks over but does not start?
Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash with the key on?
Can I start by getting your VIN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No anti theft/security lights
1D7HU18DX4S518282 the gas tank was empty before fresh gas injectors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry trying to be more clear could it be the injectors somehow are not getting fuel?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.
Your first step would be to check for spark while cranking. If there is no spark, you could have a bad camshaft or crankshaft position sensor.
If there is spark, then check to see if it runs on starting fluid. If so, we know it has a fuel delivery concern.
Please check these so we can continue.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I do not know how to do either of those and do not have the extra funds at this time how long is your offer of additional help last?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It would be so much easier to speak with you over the phone. I would be able to explain everything in detail and we could cover so much more ground at such more ground. However, I understand if you would rather keep it on this page to save a few bucks. I just ask that you rate my answer for assisting you once I have answered your question.
You could just see if the engine runs on starting fluid. This is easy to do. Just spray it into the intake as someone is cranking the engine over. IF it starts for a moment until it runs out of either, then you have spark. Simple as that.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Good morning!
If it turns out that the engine does run on starting fluid, chances are the fuel pump might just be bad. This is very common. Just wanted to run this by you.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.
Customer