Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Grand Caravan: Trying to diagnose a hvac issue and reading

Customer Question

Trying to diagnose a hvac issue and reading through these instructions http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/7qk6l-2011-doge-grand-caravan-heater-control-passenger-side.html and wondering where the power button is you mention
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!

My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. ***NOTE*** This is not a FREE site, the deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.

Have you had the codes read with a scantool yet? If not that's the first step to repairing your issue. You will need to have the codes read and post them here so I can advise you on what to do to repair it..

Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a separate issue that is giving me a code of P06DE and that is the only code shown (which makes me think something is stuck and not fully malfunctioning)

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
William,

There is a flash update for the P06DE code...

Can you tell me what codes are in the HVAC unit?

Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dealer already flashed that update and problem persists and the P06DE is the only code thrown.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
William,

Are you retrieving the HVAC codes with a code reader or a scantool? I ask because you will need a scantool such as the Witech I use here at the dealership to retrieve the codes. A code reader will only retrieve ODBIII codes..

Keep me posted,
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ah I understand. No, I do not have access to a scantool.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
William,

The first step to repairing your HVAC issues is to first know what's going on with it and to do that you will need the codes retrieved. I see you said Hot/Cold doesn't make any difference so it's likely a bad blend(Hot/Cold) actuator or door issue. But again if you can have them read and post it here I can direct you to how to repair it..

Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hmmm well then let me see if I can come up with that info

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Keep me posted