Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Ram 1500 Mega Cab: My truck this morning was near a tree that

Customer Question

My truck this morning was near a tree that was struck by lightning and the lights came on then went off and then horn came on stayed on and would not cut off without taking the battery terminal loose any ideas
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Sounds to me like the lightning strike fried some onboard modules. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) is responsible for the functions that were malfunctioning. To find out for sure you will need to have the vehicle scanned for codes. You need to scan with a scanner that can access ALL modules. A "Generic" obd2 scanner cannot access all modules...
If you can post any codes that were retrieved here, I'll be glad to point you in the right direction...
Thank you,
Robert