Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge Ram Van 2500: I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 van with 5.9

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 van with 5.9 liter engine, It will not start it will crank, I get a fail code on the dash of No Bu5 Please can you help me? Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. A "no BUS" message means that the PCM (engine computer) has failed, a PCM fuse is blown, or that the cam or crankshaft position sensor has shorted out. Do this: check and replace any blown fuses you see in the under hood or inside fuse boxes. If they are ok, then remove the engine cover and disconnect the cam sensor at the distributor, and the crank sensor at the top right area of the transmission bell housing. See if the "No Bus" message goes away. If it does, then replace the appropriate sensor. If it still shows No Bus, then suspect a failed PCM and have it replaced. I hope this helps, Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris