Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge: My 4x4 mud truck, when in four drive only three of them

Customer Question

My 4x4 mud truck, when in four drive only three of them are in engaged, drive front is not engaged
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. If your front differential is not a locker style, (and stock Dana 60's are not), then it is normal for one of the front wheels to not provide power if there is a loss of traction on one front wheel. However you may have a broken spider or side gear inside of the front differential. Remove the front differential cover and inspect for any broken gears. If it looks ok, then there is probably not a problem with it. If you want both front wheels to always provide power, then you will need to have the front differential modified to a locker style. I hope this helps, Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris