sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge magnum: Could it be pcm module

Customer Question

Could it be pcm module
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have replaced the egr valve n tube n gasket....i have replaced etc throttle body n all......i replaced thermostat n housing....i have updated my software......i did get a tuneup but i believe this happened before i did not sure but i did have a tech tell me it could be i need another pcm module
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
do you mean the abs light???
did you replace all the engine parts due to the abs light???
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the BAS .....brake assisst system.....n no codes pop up for my brakes they were checked out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
N not just that light the etc light aswell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be driving n as soon as i slow down or stop it idles rough n i lose power n have to turn it off n restart my car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The PCM could definitely be the cause of the ETC problem. It may also be a wiring issue, vacuum leak, the MAP sensor, or accelerator pedal position sensor.
When the BAS light is on it's because the ABS module has seen an issue that will affect BAS operation and sets a fault code. This should be unrelated to the ETC; you'd need to determine what codes are setting in the ABS module and go from there.
When the ETC light comes on it's because the PCM has seen an issue that will prevent proper RPM control and has set a fault code. The first step in diagnosing the ETC light will be to see what fault codes are setting in the PCM.