Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Have a2008 5cyl 3500 sprinter

Customer Question

have a2008 5cyl 3500 sprinter, been sitting a couple of months and today when I stared it up ...emergency brake light was on an d an beeper sound came from the dash... Is it because it sat for awhile?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
I need a bit more info about your vehicle. Can you post the last 9 digits of the VIN so I can research this for you?
Also, did this only happen once or more than once?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's happening now
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Ok this VIN comes back to a 2006 Sprinter. This makes more sense as an 07 or 08 is equipped with a V6... As for the lamp that is on, does the label say "Brake" or "Park"? Also, have you checked to see if the emergency brake is partially applied?This can account for the lamp being on and the Beeping sound..Are you driving it and this is happening? Lamp AND beeping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an RV .so the chassis is older than the RV
The light in the lower left of the dash reads "park"
The emergency handle is fully depressed....could it be out of adjustment from just sitting ?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
What ever is wrong is will not likely be from "just sitting".
There is a switch that controls the Park Lamp on the dash. This switch is located at the base of the Parking Brake Lever assembly. Check the switch and also check the wire for the possibility of it being shorted out near the Park Brake Lever. If you don't find anything, try disconnecting the switch to see if the lamp goes out. I suspect that once you get the lamp out the Beeping will stop also....
Let me know if you have a hard time finding this switch and we can go from there....
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot see the switch....I'll take the cover off the handle,get a lite to check it out...can't do it now...try it in about 2 hrs ...
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
No Problem, take your time, in the mean time, i'll look for pics....[;)
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
I found a drawing showing the emergency brake handle. The switch is number 4 in the picture. Hopefully this will help you find the Switch. If you disconnect it, the lamp should go out....

--Click here to view--
Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page(Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a refund...plan to take it to the RV service center, thanx for trying
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
For any issues about billing and payment, please contact Customer Support at***@******.***. They will take care of any issue you have with billing, payment, your subscription, etc. - As an Expert, I only provide advice on technical matters in my field(s) of specialization.
Thank you,
Robert