Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Dodge stratus rt: I have a 2001 rt 3.0l and when driving on

Customer Question

I have a 2001 rt 3.0l and when driving on the high way going 55 the car shifted to neutral and the neutral light now blinks. I replaced the neutral safety switch and transmission relay switch and also the tranny fluid and the issue still exists. What could be the problem or the next step i can take too resolve the issue. The car is at 140000 miles and i only had it 4 months when this happened. I've done major research on similar issues but really can't find solutions and just come across several different problems but none that are the exact same. I came across the issue of a transmission control module going bad but can not find any information on where it might be on my transaxle. Please help i love my car but I'm about ready too junk it. The transaxle is also an autostick which makes it even harder to find information on.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Ok, on yours, it does not have a separate engine control module and tranmission control module, but rather a single Powertrain control module that handles both engine and transmission management systems. It is located underneath passenger side of the dash. (see attached diagrams) I have run into this a few times on the autostick and have found it to be a faulty PCM in each case. It will need to be replaced and new one programmed with your VIN code and mileage. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT(3 stars or better) today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks