Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Charger r/t 5.7l: I have a 2006 dodge charger r/t 5.7l, stalls

Customer Question

I have a 2006 dodge charger r/t 5.7l, stalls randomly. I get codes for loss of communication to the TCM, have had it repalced, along with the PCM. Both modules are oem, and have been reprogrammed with new software, and also had the cinnector & wires replaced that have anything to do with the communication from the PCM to the TCM. It still stalls, I can take the PCM out and set it out, still plugged in, and it still starts and runs with no issues, put the PCM back in, and it will be fine for a couple days to a week. But it still stalls again, had it in to a couple shops, including the dealership, and they tell me nothing wrong, even though it will get codes back i the system everytime it stalls. Also should say, they aslo put oem spark plugs in, because they can also make it stall if the vehicle does not have the proper spark plugs. Any ideas what else it could possibly be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Did you still need help?
Have you checked for codes in all of the modules on board the vehicle?
Are you looking for some possible causes?