J F
J F, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Car mechanic from 2002-2011. Worked on all Chrysler products in a aftermarket shop.
77834996

Dodge Durango Citadel: We have a 2013 Dodge Durango Citadel

Customer Question

We have a 2013 Dodge Durango Citadel which randomly sifts itself into 4WD. We have reported this to our Dodge dealer who can not find anything wrong and has told us varying "reasons" why it might do this such as being on a rough surface and turning too sharply -- somehow backing out in a Safeway parking lot doesn't correlate to this reasoning. Yesterday, it shifted itself into 4WD and will not come out (we have usually been able to get it out by backing up, putting it in neutral as though we were going to manually shift). Today we had to have Roadside Assistance come get it and take it into the dealer but I would love to have your thoughts on possible causation; known problem; etc.
***** *****
Category: Dodge
Expert:  J F replied 1 year ago.
Hello sounds like either the switch is bad or the module needs flashed. there is a TSB for problems shifting from 4wd to 2wd but you are having the opposite affect. unfortunately it can be tricky diagnosing intermittent problems but the good news its stuck and that will help them out tremendously.
Thanks
If you have anymore questions please just ask.
Please don't forget to leave feed back. (Thats how I get paid.)