sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My car alarm keep going off reason. I went an brought

Customer Question

My car alarm keep going off for no reason. I went an brought a new car battery. Now the car doesn't have any power. I can set on the gas and hear is roar, but it won't go. I thought I'd need to reset the alarm system, but don't know how.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds like you have a couple different problems going on. I'm assuming you have only factory security since you don't mention otherwise.
Factory security watches door ajar switches and if it sees an ajar switch circuit close without it being disarmed then the alarm goes off. If the alarm is going off on it's own it's because of a bad ajar switch, wiring issue or possibly a door that isn't closing correctly; an ajar switch would be most common.
Does the engine start but the transmission doesn't engage?