Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have the Grand Cherokee backup camera that has stopped working.

Customer Question

I have the Grand Cherokee backup camera that has stopped working. The Uconnect headunit recognizes the camera with "check all surroundings" but only a black screen. Could it be the camera itself? How do I test? Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! I work at a dealer and whenever I see this it is almost always the camera itself. Inspect the wiring in that rubber convoluted boot at the top of the liftgate for any broken wires. If ok, then remove the trim panel and inspect the wiring at the camera. If ok, then replace the camera. It is usually always the camera.
I hope this helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmmm.....this is a very basic answer when I requested a very specific answer. Tracing and inspecting wires is basic and a given. I asked specifically how to test the camera.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me research and send you the wiring diagram pinout info for the camera. Then you can check continuity in the circuits. First I need to know what year the Jeep is.
Chris